Good Morning all you readers out there..
How are you all?
It’s nearly christmas, four days to go to be exact. Four days more of rushing around and spending money or stressing about money to buy food and gifts. I went into a supermarket last night and people were walking around with not one but two BIG trolleys!!
Men following their beloved around the shop and being told “to get that”,”and pick this up”, “and not in that trolley”!
Holy C**P I thought.. ‘I’m just going to sneak to the nicest part of this whole supermarket!” Where lives the olive, parma ham, cheese and all the little snacks that I adore that’s shaped like an island, (and where there are no shouty Christmas shoppers!) where I can dream of laying naked, eating grapes and drinking red wine (ChateauNeuf Du Pape) and being fed Olives with ciabatta bread and balsamic vinegar. Whilst of course being painted laying by a river under beautiful willow trees protecting us from direct sun.
And then I realised I was standing dreaming at this vast selection of yummyness and I was wearing not one but two jackets with a silly hat and silly little pumps with my snowflake socks showing and I didn’t know how long I’d been standing there for. Its December there is hardly no sun just rain and wind and I may be in a supermarket but I do not want to buy any food as I don’t have much money and Oooops maybe someone had seen me, and then I remembered not many people can read minds we are not living in a telepathic world although sometimes I think I am.
So the question I have is and the reason I am writing this is to ask you!
What do you enjoy most about christmas?
- Is it the purchasing of over expensive gifts/toys/latest I-pad/vouchers?
- Is it the faces on the children in the family when they open the present’s or are starring in the nativity at school?
- Is it the lights as you drive through towns and pass houses?
- Is it all the food and booze and chance to eat as much as you like and use the excuse ‘IT’S CHRISTMAS’?
- Is it the time off work and school?
- Is it the constant playing of ‘do they know its christmas time’ or the crazy old man screaming down the microphone and the general music when you go shopping reminding everyone that its time to spend some spondollies and even if you are struggling to pay your bills and keep up with the Jones’s it’s now time to spend more!! so we can all say goodbye to 2012 and hello to 2013 being deeper and deeper in debt.
SURELY We can all take stock and say NO to overspending and NO to gauging on food and getting fatter by the minute and placing more strain on the NHS to provide services that we can no longer afford.
WE CAN… open our hearts up and play music all over the holiday period and give our children love and stories and bake mince pies and make gifts and cards out of all the cardboard we throw away and the wrapping paper we have saved and knit thing for our Nana’s/Babies/Children/ Loved ones.. and go to Carol services and sing and pull back some community support to our towns and villages.
(I’m now stepping off my soap box!)
As the world was supposed to END today I’m glad it hasn’t.
I would love to make all my gifts for all my family and friends and I have started with painting. You never know perhaps next year I may have to do the above (rant), but I have been blessed with a well paid job. In my idealistic mind (the above rant) this is all achievable.
However I do wish for peace on earth and kindness to everyone for 2013.
Love you all
Ps Christmas Lights is the BEST thing about Christmas!!!